Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Fought the Good Fight

Today, I went to battle with a most fierce opponent, and came out the victor. My opponent outweighed me by what I imagine to be several tons of steel, metal, hinges, and it's most venomous weapon: toner. It strikes fear in the hearts of teachers everywhere. It is the copy machine. When tamed, the copy machine can be a teacher's best friend, but when sick, it is prone to the cursed paper jam.

Was it the exhaustion of serving us for 33 weeks of school? Was it the change in the barometric pressure brought upon by the storm? Was it just my unluckiest day ever? Whatever the case, I was in for the rare treat that is known as a mulitple-level misfeed. In layman's terms: the sucker ate most of the papers I was trying to copy. It was touch-and-go there for a while...

In the end, I fought the good fight, tamed the dragon, and retrieved all of my precious papers, though some had to be put out of their misery and into the recycle bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin