Monday, October 08, 2007

Rest

God always asks us to rest. It's why he took the seventh day off. He didn't need to rest. He's God. He was just setting the example.

Sometimes, he forces us to rest. Most of my even minor illnesses are because I run myself absolutely ragged, and He forces me to take a day off.

But sometimes, He allows us to rest. That's what I got this weekend. I had a crazy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning, but at 12:31ish I was free to my own devices. The allowance: a Sunday pm off from all responsibilities, and a day off from work on Monday to get everything done that I would have had to do Sunday afternoon.

What'd I do? At approximately 1pm on Sunday, I put my pajamas back on and crawled back into my unmade bed (I'd planned for this little gift in advance) and went back to sleep. I can't nap without waking up several times checking the clock and thinking of what I should be doing, but every time I woke up I thanked God for giving me the day off. And at 5pm, when I finally rolled out of bed, it was good.

I haven't felt this rested in quite a while. Yep. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin