Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lubbock

I'm in Lubbock for the looooong weekend. In FloMo, the kids got Friday off for a workday, and then we get Monday off for Arthur Luther Kingston's birthday (as one of my little ones called it).

For the long weekend, I flew out here on the smallest plane I've ever seen. I only brought a carry on, and the little Flight Attendant looked at my bag and said "that's not gonna fit in the overhead compartment." Little did she know my smushing capabilities. It fit. There was a fight, but I won and it fit.

So, for the weekend, I'm back in the guest room for four days and three nights. Each night I've had a kid in bed with me, and each morning I've woken up with a knee in my kidneys, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We've spent the days relaxing and going at the leisurely pace I've so desperately needed, and it has been wonderful. And I've got two more days of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin