Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When it Rains, How it Pours

My day began auspiciously. I like that word. Must use it more.
At 6:40 this morning you could find me on my hands and knees next my car picking up the eleventy billion papers that I brought home after they all fell out of the bag I brought them home in.

Today was not an easy day. It was not a bad day, but there's a difference in a bad day and a hard day, and today was hard. It started out awkward, and got busy busy busy after that. My little ones gave me the best surprise of all when they behaved so very well for me today without me even having to ask them.

It was such a hectic day that I had to put on a video of the respiratory system (which was really cool) during science while I ate my lunch sitting at my desk. But since this is the only time I've had to do this so far this year, I'm okay.

See, I am in charge of the yearbook. The whole thing. This is not like high school or middle school, where they have an advisor and a class. It's all me. I have a little help here and there, but the majority of it falls on my shoulders. It's a very creative endeavor for me, and I do love it. But today was the day that 500+ yearbooks were delivered, and I was in charge of that, and frankly, I'm exhausted.

So I'm going home to have pancakes and a glass of wine for dinner. And then I'm going to watch some television, maybe pop in a movie, and then go to bed. Did I mention that I'm exhausted?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin