Monday, May 18, 2009

Between a rock and a crazy place

Apparently the whole world is against me grading papers, because guess who came to visit? The interweb! I only say visit, because when I got home, it wasn't here, but then as I was grading papers and chillin like a villain with some previously recorded NCIS...there it was! I got very happy but refrained from the happy dancing. And while we're dishing tv, how sad is it that the only thing on television right now worth watching is the most dramatic rose ceremony ever?!

On a different note, today I had to play catch up, so I had to teach about an hour and a half of poetry. I can't tell you how much I hate poetry. I've discovered that the only thing worse than having to write poetry is having to teach fourth graders poetry. I was going to be all snarky and write a poem about how much I hate poetry, but I hate it too much to be snarky. And I thought I could be snarky about everything.

As for the rock and the crazy place, I was there today. Long story short, I was at a district science place and another was talking to the director there about a student. She was going on and on about this student, and I was really torn about whether or not I should go up to her and stop her. On the one hand, she and I teach together, and I didn't want to embarass her in front of the district supervisor to whom she was talking. But at the same time, she was being inappropriate, and I was getting frustrated with her on behalf of this child. So, tomorrow, I think I'm going to talk to her. It's tough and I don't want to. I can't decide if I should say something to my administrator, or just to her personally. Ugh. I'll figure it out tomorrow. Of course, knowing this teacher, she'll bring it up again. And again. And again. I'll have many chances to talk to her about it.

Uh-oh, she only has one rose left. What's she going to do?
(I just feel I should also note that I have not watched this show, but instead ran out of things to watch at 9:30, just in time to watch the most dramatic rose ceremony ever. And even though I have only watched 19 minutes so far, I think one of the guys is so gay. As in homosexual. Just sayin')

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin