Friday, August 14, 2009

Goodies from Guatemala

Here's a little show of all of the goodies I brought home from Guatemala. One of the things I do when I go is make sure I can bring home whatever I want.

I had been searching high and low for the right nativity up until my trip last year. When I heard Guatemala does lots of nativities, I was so excited, and brought home my very own nativity last year. This year, I decided to make it a collection, and brought home a petite nativity. Last year's was rather big, and this little bitty one is perfect!


This is what I brought back for my little man. I wanted to bring something for BFF, but with a six month old, the last thing she needs is more stuff in her house, so I brought her little one and the love of my life a little stuffed elephant to have and teeth on, so she'd know I was thinking of her.




I collect crosses. I have them from vacations, from mail-order catalogues, and from friends. In my house, I have a wall that has a cross from every mission trip I've been on. So I needed another one from Guatemala. The two I have from Guatemala look strikingly similar. They just have a Guatemalan feel about them. Like the nativity, this year's cross is smaller than the others.







I bought a bookmark for each of the teachers I work with. This year they all took an interest in the trip, and helped me gather supplies to take to the orphans, so I wanted to bring them a litle something back.







Last year, I bought a bag to use as a purse. I've loved it and used it constantly. I really didn't set out to get a bag, until I saw this burlap one. My auntie has been on a burlap kick for a while now, and when I saw this, I knew she needed it. I also knew that I needed it, and it may be my favorite purchase from Guatemala, except that it sheds...



Last year, I found an angel that I absolutely had to have. I didn't set out to collect angels, because I think the next step after collecting angels would be to start collecting cats and become a cat lady. However, this year, I found this angel, and though I'm not a collecter of angels, I loved it and wanted it as well. She looks like last year's angel, and I think they are friends.
So those are my goodies. I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to write about our travel day last Saturday. Of course, with my sattelite out until next Tuesday at the earliest, maybe I'll have some time to write about it tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin