Monday, August 10, 2009

Not all here

My thoughts on Guatemala are going to have to wait for at least one more day.

While pondering what to share, I went into my kitchen to get a dog treat. I had to step over my still-open and halfway-filled with dirty clothes suitcase in the middle of the floor. When I got to the kitchen, I remembered that I still haven't cleaned the strawberry explosion from last night's attempt to make jalapeno puffs with strawberry margarita jam. I also saw the mop in the sink, on top of a couple of dirty dishes. And that was just about 10 square feet of my apartment.

Young Life has monopolized my last two evenings, in a good way, and it gets at least one more day this week. Tomorrow night, I'm helping out at a formal dinner with the elderlies, and at some point this week I need to move into my classroom.

But the thoughts are still ruminating around in my head, keeping me partly there, which is where at least part of me needs to be.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmm I am looking forward to making those someday :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin