Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I just need you to stop being nice to me unless you're gonna marry me

That’s from the movie “He’s Just Not That Into You”. More on that later.

First, I just realized that this is the perfect moment in the September Stories to tell about one of my favorite stories of all time, entitled “Runnin’ From the Law.” I love this story. I hope to post it tomorrow or the next day.

Second, look at my picture of the day. This is what my life is resigned to lately. Between KC and I, we had 10 kids out. So, we’re wiping down everything. And with the Lysol, we’re spraying down everything that is still for 45 seconds or more. No one is safe from us.

I had my flu shot yesterday and woke up this morning all sorts of sore and achy. While I thought at first I might have gotten the flu from the shot or the harbingers of viral activity that I teach, it just turns out that I’m old, and older people occasionally wake up sore and achy.

Third, I think Donald Miller’s new book came out, and I don’t own it yet, and that will be rectified immediately. Of course, all of the rest of my reading will come to a screeching halt, but I venture to guess it will be worth it, one way or another.

Fourth, the title. My world is a little rocked as of late. I’ve met a boy man guy,  and I’m seriously going to have to ask him to stop being nice to me unless he’s fully prepared to marry me. He is Southern Baptist, cute as can be, and older than me. That, my friends, is called the trifecta. Also known as an endangered species.

I met him about a month ago, and decided then that he was worth putting on lipstick for, should the need ever arise. Then, I didn’t see him again for quite some time. And recently, I saw him again. And I’m even more willing to wear lipstick, or bear his children, should he so ask me to do  either.

But the thing is, after our last interaction, I’m pretty confused as to whether or not he’s interested in me like that. You know, does he like me like me? I have roughly zero recent experience in reading signals from guys. Especially Southern Baptist, very cute, and older than me guys. Interactions with him are not like any other guy I’ve befriended as of late (and by that I mean as of the new millennium.)  I’m not going into details because this is just a silly crush, and I don’t know if another month will go by before I see him, but I am quite tempted to pass him a note that reads “Do you like me? Check yes or no.”

Just keepin’ it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin