Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Official cause of death: Long Division

Ya'll. Teaching Long Division is going to kill me. If I keel over in the next few days, it was because of the question "Does Mcdonald's Sell Cheese Burgers?" (Divide- Multiply- Subtract- Compare- Bring down). I may lose what little of my mind I have left... As it is, I've written the date as 2006 on the board for the past two weeks now.

I mentioned this to The Aunt, and she said she'd start working on my obituary. I told her to make it good because I was going to post it...so here it is:

Wild and Precious
1997 - 2009
My sweet, sweet Jennifer. What can I say, she was a loving daughter, and niece and she had a sister.
She was thoughtful and considerate. She would do anything for anyone. She was much closer to me than a niece; she was really more like a sister. I believe this bothered her mother, who continually told us we could do all things we wanted after she “was dead and gone”.

 After coming to live with us she also filled a huge roll as my personal assistant. She was happy to jump up at all hours of the night and go to Wal-Mart when pacifiers were lost, she wouldn’t hesitate to do my shopping when needed, and she was irreplaceable in this capacity.

 She is a favorite cousin who wasn’t afraid of throwing up children; she got great joy out of spinning a vomiting child around as to hit every surface. She caused much screaming in our home just by her famous shout of “NAKKKED”.

 She on occasion had smelly shoes but ironically often offered to let you “smell this shoe”. Oh, those were precious moments.

 Her dog loved her and oh how she loved that little snoring dog.
I can only hope that I won’t need to finish this. I really hope that the long division DID NOT kill her today, but thought I would get this started just in case….



I just hope something bad doesn't actually happen to me now that I've been joking around with death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin