One glorious week down, thirty-six or so to go.
And I'm not worried. Because my class is wonderful.
One reason I teach children:
Last night I saw one of my little ones while out to dinner. He looked at me with huge eyes and said "I didn't know you liked Chili's!!!" That's why I do it my friends. Right there.
I had to laugh yesterday as the first week came to an end and it was never more evident than in my apartment.
The aftermath of the first week of school:
- Six cereal bowls in my kitchen sink, littered with random oats from the week. Lucky Charms for breakfast every morning, plus for dinner on Wednesday.
- Three to-go cups on my coffee table. Wendy's, Chick-fil-A, and Red Robin (yumm...) for dinner this week.
- The shoes I've worn all week are splayed across the entrance to my apartment. Right next to the basket of shoes that they should be calling home.
- My DVR is 51% full, which is about 15% more than I prefer to keep it. I've gone to bed earlier this week than ever before (a trend I want to continue), but now have 10 hours, plus the entire season of Psych, to catch up on. Oh wow.
- The trash can is overflowing, because this week, I've been too busy to even take the bag out of the can and carry it out with me as I leave in the morning. And I've had three chances.
Oh, and it's 10:56 on a Saturday morning, I've only been awake for 2.5 hours, and as soon as GameDay is over, I'm going to take a nap.