Thursday, February 24, 2011

Remember the Alamo!!

Tuesday began one of my favorite lessons of all that I teach. I say that about roughly 10 of the lessons I teach. On Tuesday, we began discussing the events leading up to the Alamo, and today we covered the Battle of the Alamo.

We've barely scratched the surface of all we're going to talk about. It's mostly lecture-driven, and with my math teaching this week, I easily go three hours before even looking at my computer. And I've talked that entire time, as well as going "sshhh" more than a zillion and a half times.

So, by the time I get home, I have few brain cells left to compose a post, and truthfully, I use those to work on my thirty days of pictures on my other blog. By 9:40 at night, when I'm writing this, it's a little

But here's a sneak peak into my bohemian classroom at this time of year:
Teacher, sitting cross-legged on her table, hair twirled up in little buns on her head, because she didn't feel like drying it. Long skirt tucked over her bare feet. Arms moving wildly to tell the story.

Connecting her class to The Alamo (which, incidentally happened 175 years ago this week and next), saying things like "Bowie and Travis didn't get along. They weren't enemies, but let's just say they weren't Face-Book friends or anything."

I think they got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin