Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing? "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

So, I haven't written in a while, and school has started back in session. I'll discuss that later. I might as well jump right in to the big news.

The Sister is currently residing in my apartment with me. My one bedroom apartment.

I.  
KNOW..

See, she had moved in with The Parents, but then The Parents sold their house. Their new apartment (don't even get me started) isn't ready until the end of the month, so they are living in an extended stay hotel. (Again... don't even get me started.) Because of that, I threw all caution, sanity, and common sense out the window opened up my home to let The Sister stay for a while.

How's that going, you might ask?

Monday morning, I sent this text:



The first three days were quite simple in that I was babysitting, and thus, living somewhere else. Easy peasy. The fourth night, I came home to her stuff everywhere, plus my stuff everywhere (I had unpacked boxes, but things weren't exactly on the walls yet) and came to the realization that I had made a big mistake that was about to get bigger.

The going joke is that every night she asks me what time I'm getting up the next morning, and every night I tell her the exact same answer because I get up at the same time every day. 5:30. I will be getting up at 5:30.

She then proceeds to set her alarm for 5:30 (with the exception of Monday morning), and then when my alarm goes off and I get out of bed, she spends the next HOUR in bed hitting snooze. As I get ready every morning, I have a small alert every nine minutes letting me know what time it is (the answer being nine minutes since the last time I heard her damn alarm.)

She made a snarky comment to me on Sunday night, and I was a little short with her. She then told me that I was just being defensive because I know she's right, and I might have flipped out on her a little. And by a little, I mean she ended the altercation by crying and later apologized for having said anything.

I am not to be trifled with.

I'm not sure if that whole situation is the reason that she chose to get up super-early the next morning and set her alarm at 5:00am, only to hit snooze until roughly 6:15, but I can assure you we had a small chat in which it was determined that it would never happen again and she is no longer even allowed to set her alarm to a time that is prior to... you guessed it... 5:30.

Otherwise, I'd say things are going peachy, but again, my pants would catch fire.

We are surviving, and that is about all.
Will we survive the next 13 days? I don't know.

But I seriously doubt it.

I wouldn't leave without a little link love for you...
Daisy could write almost every entry in this blog.
This will waste all the time you have, but be worth it. 

Y'all. Laughed until tears came flowing out of my eyeballs.
Here are a few samples (that Daisy could totally OWN):





Updated to add: I am on page 16 21 and I cannot stop myself and Daisy thinks I am upset because I'm crying so much.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin