Friday, May 17, 2013

Another Five on Friday

My brain is so addled lately, I actually had to start this list on my iPhone while on recess duty. 

1.  This afternoon was glorious. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I have no agenda this weekend. I could stay at school and work as long as I needed to, and I was able to get a few things done. (Don't be fooled- no papers were graded in this process). 

2.  Weather has been exceptionally bonkers, as is weather in Texas in the spring all year round. What was initially touted as some mildly strong storms turned into a vicious tornado outbreak. Since then, the weather has been ridiculously humid and thick and disgusting. I was going to dry my hair this morning, and the weatherman said "It is so muggy outside, you will start sweating the minute you walk outside."

3.  My mantle is perfectly decorated. For Valentine's Day. This weekend, I need to go summer or go home. I have some playful ideas, and hope they can come to fruition. I've been very interested in hand-lettering lately, and I want to explore that in my summer mantle. It could be interesting and perfect.  (spoilers- it will not be beach themed.) Otherwise, I've just go to go neutral.  P.S. When inspiration strikes on a Friday night at 8pm, you know it's going to be a long night. 

4. KC has convinced me to embark on the 21 day sugar detox with her. Holy carb withdrawal Batman. I've cheated like a champ through the whole thing, as I would like to retain my teaching certificate and arrest-free record, and I can't guarantee that would take place without caffeine in the morning. How's it going? Well, on Tuesday night I fell asleep on the couch at 5:45, woke up at 7:50, and called it. Headed to bed and woke up at 5:45. AM. And did that leave me well-rested and of a pleasant attitude? Ask my Wednesday night dinner crowd. One word: lowercase. 

5. Project Life. Still happening. Got my 6 x 12's from Persnickity, and it adds an awesome element. Maybe, just maybe, this weekend I'll get some work on it done and some pictures may appear here on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin