Monday, January 13, 2014

Around school


This is the bag my students got me for Christmas. I first looked at it and thought "I've been teaching for fourteen years, I don't need another tote bag, I need a bottle (or fourteen) of wine."

Then, I realized that it has amazing pocket potential, and I've used it every day since.

Oh, and the next day, I got a bottle of wine from one of the students. Win-win.






I took this picture to document the fact that I brought home my tupperware dishes four of five days last week (and even remembered mine today). This bag makes it possible to just toss it right in when I come in from lunch.

Y'all. That basically makes me a grown up.

How in the world did that happen?
I went to Starbucks on Saturday to grade papers. 

It was good that I was in a public place. That way I couldn't rage and curse against the children.

In G's class, I refused to grade their papers because they blatantly didn't follow directions.

I gave it back to them today, along with a lecture and told them to try it again. Oh, and another assignment to go with it.









And then there's this. This chickadee completely missed the boat.

She had to look at the tally chart above, of Favorite Winter Olympic Sports, and answer the question:

If 5 times as many people were surveyed, how many would choose curling?

Her answer:

I think maybe 13 because the odds are they might have curly hair.

Oh my word, y'all.




As this picture shows, the kiddos are all about to lose their stapler privileges. As it is, there's two staplers in the room: one for me and one for them. And I make it very clear that they are not to touch my stapler.

This is one of my best kiddos right here, so you can only imagine what happens when G's 3 ring circus gets ahold of my stapler.











And finally, I was chosen as the staff member of the month. I'm pretty sure it was a consolation vote for being the runner-up to the Teacher of the Year for the third year in a row (Susan Lucci?), but it comes with a front row parking space, so I'll take it.

Also, between that and my Starbucks-a-day-in-January cup, February first is going to be a rude awakening.










I'm going to keep doing these "Around…" series, because there are so many little stories that don't warrant their own blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin