Monday, January 06, 2014

Four Small Goals (or… my NY resolutions)

I have two immediate resolutions:
1. Get ginormous old tv out of my living room.
2. Consolidate two remotes (tv and cable) into one.

I'm not sure either of these will be done by 2015.

Otherwise, I've set four small goals for myself. These are four areas I need to work on in my life, but I've worded them positively and I'm sure that totally means I'll stick to them.
Right?
Right?

Anyways… I present, my 2014 Four Small Goals:


This one is kind of self-explanatory. I've given up on the whole "lose weight" resolution. I just need to move more and eat better and see what happens.

I'm taking an online class that walks you through it (and includes a crafty project), led by someone I really respect, so that should help.

Should.









Lately, I've been replacing reading and writing and journaling with iPaddling and computer-ing.

For my own sanity, that's got to change. I've started another journal, and am horrible at it, but I've also got to read some more books and stories (even on the iPad) because I feel like I am a better, calmer, saner person when I'm reading and writing and journaling.

And yes, More Words does include blogging more.

I don't keep my apartment very clean, and I need to. It's just me and Daisy, and so there's never anyone else here, and I tend to let things go.

I've downloaded an app, and made some lists, and worked on some new routines, so hopefully I can get this place whipped into shape.

And get the damn TV out of my living room.



This plays more into my One Little Word for 2014.

This year, my word is LESS.

I want to stress LESS.
I want to have LESS stuff.
I want to carry LESS weight (physically and emotionally).

I want to live with LESS, live on LESS, and live a little more because of it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you here! Tell me about this online class... I'm very interested. I've noticed you are in my blog stream a lot so far this year so at least on that front you are doing better! Keep up the good work!!!! C

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin