Thursday, January 01, 2015

Call it magic...

One Little Word®
It's a thing. 
A word to "guide" you through the year. 

Sometimes I do it. Sometimes I don't. I've had words like Hope. And Yes. Things like that. 

This year, I'd been toying with words. Trying a few around. 

But the thing is... often times, One Little Words choose you. 

I wanted a word like Brave or Bold. Those were my two choices. 
Do-able. Measurable. Obtainable. 

But that is not how this whole thing works. 

Just about the time I was milling around the idea of a 2015 word in my head, I woke up with a song in my head (as I do every single morning), but it was Christmas morning, and it wasn't a Christmas song. It was a Coldplay song. Call it magic, call it true. 

And right around the time I was driving home from the wild wild west, the first three songs on the radio had magic in them. That's how it is with the One Little Word. Like when you decide you're getting a new car, and you see that car everywhere. 

(I should also note at this point that one of the things I've been purposely doing for my student teacher: showing her that children and teaching them is a constant source of magic. It seems to be working.)

So, my one little word for 2015 is Magic

And I really don't know how that's going to play out. 

But I did wake up to this courtesy of Facebook this morning, and I may have shed a small tear. 


I should also add that I've been reading Neil Gaiman's books lately
and they are the definition of magic. 

And the last few lines of that Coldplay song? 
I'm pretty sure I'd be okay on the eve of 2016 if it were true...

And if you were to ask me  
After all that we've been through  
Still believe in magic? 
Well yes, I do 
The One Little Word concept was started by Ali Edwards. You can read more about it on Ali’s Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin