Tuesday, May 19, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge

I've become quite the fan of Modern Mrs. Darcy, most notably for her love of books and her recommendations. I've seen her book lists before, and have read a few because of seeing them mentioned. 

This year, she did (another?) reading challenge, and I've decided to play along. 
Reading twelve books in twelve months? Easy peasy. 

Almost six months in, I've read nine books. 
Three of them are even on the list...
(Didn't take into account the rereading thing I tend to do)

But I thought I'd put it out here and share my choices. 


































1. Book you've been meaning to read:
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Attwood

2. Book published this year:
Fairest and/or Winter by Marissa Meyer.
Finishing the Lunar Chronicles series

3. Book in a genre you don't typically read:
Love is a Mixtape by Rob Sheffield
Don't really read memoirs.

4. Book from your childhood
Step to the Music by Phyllis A. Whitney
Vividly remember going to the library as a child and getting this book and cherishing it.

5. Book your mom loves:
Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankles
Since my mother doesn't read at all, I used The Aunt as a source for this one.

6. Book that was originally written in a different language
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery

7. Book that "everyone" has read but you
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I may seriously be the only person in America that hasn't read it or seen the movie.

8. Book you chose because of the cover
still haven't found one to pick yet.

9. Book by a favorite author
One Plus One by JoJo Moyes
Love her work and want to read it all. Me Before You positively wrecked me. And now they're making it a movie...

10. Book recommended by someone with great taste
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
This was very different and quite a good read.

11. Book you should have read in high school
I was a good girl that read everything she was supposed to in school.
I may read Catcher in the Rye since I'm also about the only one that hasn't read that.

12. Book that's currently on the bestseller list.
All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
I started this one a little bit, before I realized that it was over 500 pages long. #kindleproblems

Hoping to actually follow through on this for the year.
Love is a Mixed Tape is up next.

1 comment:

  1. Gone Girl will freak. you. out. after that one, you should read The Girl on the Train.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin