Sunday, July 09, 2006

Off Again...

I'm off to student camp in T minus one hour. I'm all packed, and now I'm just killing time until we head out. I'm so excited I can't stand it. I was thinking about my mom giving me luggage for Christmas, and boy did I need it. This marks my eighth trip since then. Of course, two of them were weekenders, but I just this week realized what kind of a gypsy-ish life I lead.

When people ask me why I'm still single at 29, I have a variety of answers, one of which is "I haven't yet met a guy that understands my lifestyle." The thing is, I know I will get married. Because of that, one day, my priorities will shift ever-so-slightly, and my time and energy will be spent helping my husband with his ministry, and my ministry will become that of my husband. Basically, my single time is limited. So, I need to do as much as I can while I still have the luxury of time and energy to spend towards children and teenagers and just others in general. I need to be available to go at the last minute to spend a week playing with kids and loving on them and showing them God. Because for today, he's called me to be single. And I have to be all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin