Friday, July 14, 2006

One (More) Time...At (Student) Church Camp

Got back at 5 today and then headed off to an evening at the ballpark. I didn't really realize what a crazy schedule I lead...Camp this week was such an experience...to borrow a quote from Beth Moore...My heart cannot bear the joy of it...

This year, Ash caught me making my list, and helped me with it. So, without further ado, here are....

Ten Things I Learned at Student Camp:
1. How many hair dryers, curling irons and straightening irons it takes to blow every fuse in our cabin.
2. Rock, Paper, Scissors will solve any disagreement.
3. If you find yourself engaged in snuggery, work around it.
4. Where the Mets play and how to spell it.
5. Where the Big Dog sign was hidden and by whom.
6. Taking a shower at camp is a 12-step process, and if you want to have hot water, it needs to be done between the hours of midnight and 6am.
7. How to recover from an imaginary blow dart to the neck.
8. If you run to the concession stand with a bag of about a bazillion glowsticks, you will be attacked by a swarm of Asians.
9. How to get a wallet out of a tree using a flashlight, a rock (bad idea), and finally, a sophomore's shoe.
10. Christianity is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin