Friday, July 21, 2006

Pink is My Signature Color

That's what my friend Ash said to me today when she first saw it. I love Ash, in part because that's one of my favorite quotes, and has been running through my mind since I agreed to do it, and she just knows me.

For the last two years, our VBS kiddos, wonderful as they are, have not met their missions goal for the week. My children's minister vowed to shave his goatee if they met the goal. I decided to up the ante. So, I agreed to do it. And today, I did it.

I died my hair pink. At first, I only ended up with a few streaks in the front, because, how pink can you get your hair when you've only got 20 minutes and a sink in the baptistry to work with. By the by, the hair dryer in the baptistry is ancient and useless. Which committee would I go to to get that replaced? Well, after listening to my hair dresser's advice, because everyone knows I never listen the first time, I went and got the correct materials, and now I have completely PINK hair. The bathroom (and my fingernails) may never be the same.

Even that pink was a huge hit with the kids, with the exception of one precious two-year-old who said "I not like pink Jennifer. I want old Jennifer."

I'm exhausted from a week of camp back-to-back with a week of VBS, so I can't say much else on the Pink Hair Project. I'm going to bed, and I can't make any promises about getting out of bed tomorrow, in part because I'm overly exhausted, and in part because it's so flingin' flangin' hot here in Texas that I am afraid I will go outside and then start to sweat pink. As it is, I've already had to figure out the hard way that Tide laundry detergent does in fact get manic panic hot hot pink hair dye off of your skin.

The funniest part of the day BY FAR, though was my aunt and my minister's wife. Often, my friends do the best things to remind me why I love them so. They didn't want me to be alone in my pinkness, and certainly weren't going to go pink themselves, so they did the next best thing.

Yes, I came home to find Daisy Belle pink as well. They dyed my dog's hair pink with Jello. They are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin