Monday, September 11, 2006

Life Right Now

Do you ever get all the way in the car before you realize you forgot to put shoes on? I really hate it that we have to wear shoes at all. I live in flip flops, and frequently take them off. I’ve stubbed my toe more than once just by teaching with my shoes off, and my princes and princesses are very accustomed to my bare feet. Of course, they’re also used to me sitting Indian Style in a skirt on the reading table or the floor with them. We’ve got a bit of a bohemian classroom.

Here's the soundtrack that's been playing for me lately:
In the classroom:
The Living Room Sessions by Chris Rice (shh...don't tell anyone that I play Christian hymns in my classroom)
Nickel Creek by Nickel Creek

In my life:
"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds
"Nine Til Midnight" by Honestly
"For My Love" by Bethany Dillon
"You Love is Deep" by Jami Smith
"Breathing Air Again" by Robbie Seay Band
"Stay With You" by Goo Goo Dolls
"Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow" by Wideawake
"Hate Me" by Blue October
"As Lovers Go" by Dashboard Confessional

Reasons for today:
One of my princes telling me that he saw the Gators won. I love it that he noticed. The thunderstorm that was no bueno for the ninos, but was extra loud and boomy for me. Love it. Walking around all day and teaching all day with no shoes on. Kells Bells singing "Amazing Grace" SO off key, but so loud that I can hear it from this end of the house.

That's my life right now. There's some deeper, church-y kind of stuff, but that's for the leather bound journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin