Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thirteen Things I Love

1. The feel of my toes after taking off the sneakers I've been wearing for 15+ hours
2. Being barefoot in general...especially at school, where it's secretly taboo
3. Bubbly Thursday, where we crack open a bottle of wine and watch "The Office"
4. Jim Halpert, and John Kraszinski
5. Moscato d' Asti wine....mmmm...
6.This random and free shirt my mom gave me that she got from her company...long-sleeved, black, perfect softness...if I could wear it every night I could
7. Waking up in the morning and finding Daisy's head on my pillow and her body tucked under the covers. She always looks at me as if to say "what?!"
8. The sound of Elvis drinking water. My uncle says it resembles an out-board motor or some other boating term, and he's pretty much right.
9. My friend Craig, who makes these hilariously keen observations, that are so dead-on and funny that you secretly wish you had made them. He's also a great dad and a great husband, and a good big-brother figure to me. And he can hold his own in a building full of women. Not an easy task.
10. White-chocolate mochas and an afternoon in a cushy chair at Starbucks with nothing but my Bible, journal, and iPod to keep me company
11. The song "Want to" by Sugarland and the song "Fidelity" by Regina Spektor and the song "If We Were a Movie" by Hannah Montana...all three get stuck in my head for hours on end.
12. When Kellie Bellie gets bored at night and draws a face on her belly and uses it to talk until the marker wears off...flippin' hilarious!
13. When my princes and princesses use old school phrases that I used when I was their age (and still do)...some of the phrases I've actually heard in my classroom this year are: "you're not the boss of me!" "say it don't spray it", and a personal favorite: "I'm rubber, you're glue!"

2 comments:

  1. My favorite phrase from school, when standing in line and one of your friends wants to 'break' in line in front of you: "No cuts. Only back cuts." For some reason, the person behind you couldn't even argue that and just had to accept that you'd given your friend a back cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My princes and princesses say that, only now, it's called "Chinese Cut," which leads me to have to say "No cutting in line, American or otherwise!"

    The one I forgot was Opposite Day. Opposite Day is the bane of my existence. I had to make a proclamation in my classroom that we do not celebrate Opposite Day, which led one of the kids to ask "but if it's Opposite Day, does that mean we DO celebrate it?"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin