Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2- Today


I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen in so long, I had to go find a banner because I had deleted the others I had saved. But I may try this again, if for nothing else than the creativity it encourages. So, here goes!


Today, I have…

…marker on the side of my hand, as always
…a football, deck of cards, a mountain dew, and my sunglasses on my desk, and various other if-I-see-that-again-it-belongs-to-me items in a special desk drawer
…a pencil in my hair to keep it out of my face
…sensible shoes on my feet- Because I am only 30, and because I work at a very casual school, sensible shoes are called flip flops
…brown paint on my white skirt, from a painting project gone bad
…about a million papers to grade by noon tomorrow
…a headache
…had to dry several sets of tears today, including those of my coworkers
…dealt with 38 emails
…made 8,000,007 copies (okay, maybe not that many, but it sure feels like it)
…said the phrases “I’m sorry to hear that” and “oh, I’m sure it will feel better in a little bit” roughly 8,000,007 times
…had to stop this post roughly thirteen times to attend to my princes and princesses, and once to break up a fight
…had to save this to a Word document to be ‘published’ later because my silly school filters my websites and won’t let me publish to my blog during the day- What? Do they think I have other things to be doing?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:30 AM CDT

    I love the "various other if-I-see-that-again-it-belongs-to-me items in a special desk drawer" part. My husband doesn't seem to understand that concept! Thanks for sharing your day. =oP

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin