Monday, December 31, 2007

The Year In Review

So, I thought I'd hit a few highlights from this year:

January:
Gators win National Championship
Signed up for gym. Stop laughing.
Lots of snow and ice and magic. (I teach children after all).

February:
Dad's birthday
New Laptop
Met yearbook deadline
Celebrated my birthday. Some things will forever remain secret and inside-ally joked about

March:
Elvis goes fishing
Got bangs
Mission Trip. Knew then that it would be my last, though I thought that last year and it wasn't.

April:
Gators win ANOTHER National Championship
Really explored singleness
Thoroughly enjoyed playing with the principal's cell phone

May:
Began exploring my creativity...took off like a wildfire, and I'm better for it
Finally began writing a little more...still working on this one.
Said goodbye to my princes and princesses

June:
Camp
Kids Praise Days

July:
Aunt surgery
my surgery (my mother had a whipping of a worrying month)
Discovered my aunt and her family were moving to Lubbock (consider world significantly rocked)
Got special phone call from Fabio

August:
School began again. Met my little ones. Fell in love instantaneously.
Moved. Whoa.

September:
Got a classroom football player
Got a dining room table and recovered chairs

October:
Rudy got a new home
Halloween extravaganza at school

November:
Korean Karaoke Joint
Thanksgiving

December:
Christmas
Aunt moved.
Restlessness set in (well, today it did).

When I look back over the year like this, I'm reminded that my life is oh-so-ordinary. But I prefer it that way. Things that don't show up in recounts like this are actually the important ones: I can honestly say this year I've been a better teacher, and a better daughter. And I'm on my way to being a better sister. And that's really all I can or want to expect or even ask for.

Happy New Year. Can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin