Monday, July 14, 2008

Today's "My Everything"

Dear K-

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

for bringing boiled peanuts to work, and furthermore, for sharing. Those of us raised in the South that now live in a land brutally barren of roadside stands in which to procure such delicacies have long hungered for their salty goodness. And you have come to our rescue. You invested your time wisely, slaving over a pot on the stove so that others could share in the yummy peanut-iness that brings back so many childhood memories. Of road trips through Mississippi and Alabama. Stopping every chance we got at the most random and eclectic of roadside stands. I would gladly sit on the front porch and snap peas in exchange for the taste of those salty juices. But you made it possible for me to have them today. Monday. You are my everything.

Ah boiled peanuts. How I love thee.

Love and kisses,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I break down and just buy a can of the darn things. I know it's not the same as straight from the pot, but desperate times call for desperate measures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin