Saturday, August 09, 2008

Bruised and Broken

This morning, I woke up, and there were not mountians outside my windows. There was not cool, humid air outside my doorstep. No one else was in the room with me, and my favorite teenagers were not waiting for me at breakfast. My front left tire was flat, and my body ached too much when I got out of bed. I am home.


Reality is hard work today. I am bruised, thanks to a special trip into a volcano (and will consequently be seeking out a dentist), and broken. And lonely. And not really sure what's making me feel so very unsettled.


I just spent a whole week with 21 people. Some of which got on my nerves, but most of which were in the same boat as I was: a foreign country with no real idea what was going on. When you're a so-very-single girl, a week in complete community is hard to walk away from. I can't help but think that this is what Jack felt like when he left the island and wanted so very much to go back. It wasn't easy, and it wasn't comfortable, but right now easy and comfortable are not really easy and comfortable either.

I'll add more pictures from the trip and more thoughts, but today I'm going inward. Trying to get back into the step of the reality I have here. But for today, God and I have some things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin