Monday, September 01, 2008

Brought To You By The Letter A

As in...Advil, Allergies, Aloe, and my friend the Peace Corps Queen (whose name starts with A).

The Peace Corps Queen (PCQ) and I hit the road at dark:thirty on Saturday morning. Heading for Lubbock.

I've discovered that on this trip, differently from others, I am allergic to Lubbock. Itchy eyes, sneezing, runny nose, Claritin-is-my-friend, allergic to Lubbock. I'm ready to head back to the Mound.

We hit the lake on Sunday, with the rest of the heathens that skipped out on church. And even though I had my own personal sunscreen applier, I got french-fried. Aloe, you are my friend.

I went tubing. I rode a hot dog (sans mustard). I had to do some serious maneuvering, in order to protect my knees that have not been the same since I fell down a mountain. I had more fun than you can shake a stick at, however, In the attempt to keep my knees from ripping from my legs, I had to use muscles that don't usually get used, and are now leading the lower parts of my body in an uprising requiring large doses of Advil in an attempt to squelch the mutiny.

And now, before we hit the road, I'm gonna dope up on some more Claritin, Advil, and other miscellaneous goodies.

Ooh...also, we went to my favorite scapbook store, and I got a bunch of goodies. Goodies that I need like a hole in my head. But they're so cute I just HAD to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin