Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Electric!

People were asking me today how my day went.
Well, you win some, you lose some. Today...not the greatest. Yesterday...better than average.

I should have known, when, before 8:15 this morning, I went to the fourth grade hall, and was greeted with my entire team yelling "OPEN THE DOOR!!!" at me, and while it took me a minute to figure out what they were talking about, when I saw the kid running at me with his hand over his mouth, I knew which door needed to be opened.

But the magic is not gone. Yesterday, I did a whole lesson on the electoral college, and now my children know more about the "electrical" college than most adults. Thanks to the book Duck for President, that everyone should read before any election, they know all about the controversy over the all-or-none electrical votes, about how Texas gets 34 electrical votes, how electrical votes are counted, etc. They can even apply the knowledge. We're having this book fair fundraiser thing, and whichever class raises the most on the grade-level gets the whole pot to spend on books. One of my little princes today told me it's like the electrical college, and whoever gets the most money gets all the electrical votes for the grade! I still think this is hilarious, and may never again be able to use the word electoral.

It rained today, much to my chagrin, and so we had indoor recess. I put in one of my favoritest movies to watch with my kids: Meet the Robinsons. There's a character I love because in the end of the movie she says: "People think I'm crazy. Do YOU think I'm crazy?" and it makes me think of me. Well, today, I watched the beginnig with them, and the girl said something that sounded like it could come out of my mouth, to the point that a couple of my kids looked at me and laughed because it sounded like I said it:

"Don't sass me boy. I know karate!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin