Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lest you think I have it all together...

I went to Starbucks to isolate myself from the distractions of my apartment so I could grade papers. I needed to text Cara about the man that walked in because he had very white legs and very black socks. So, I take out my cell phone and discover that my memory is full. Hmm. Wonder why that is.

Maybe it's because while I was getting Daisy dog food, my purse was taking 74 pictures of the inside of itself. Yes. 74 pictures. I counted as I deleted them. 74.

And then, I was quite proud of myself and my grocery store adventures. I went to the store on a full stomach, thanks to the rice krispie bar at Starbucks, got everything I needed for both lunch and dinner this week, and even remembered the hair care products I needed. Brought them home, lugged all five bags and the Mt. Dew in to the apartment in one trip, and let Daisy out.

When I came in and went to unload the groceries, I noticed two things:
1. something smelled funny
2. the surface light on the oven was lit up

Then I discovered that one bag had been set down on the front burner, and another one had apparently been set up against the knob, turning it on.

Here's a picture of the receipt that was in the bottom of the bag:













And here is a picture of what the burner looked like after I took the bag and the sour cream container off of the burner. It will be a while before I use this burner:










And Daisy got into the PetSmart bag to find this:


It's Christmas a little early for her...

Oh, and as for my illness, apparently it was simply sleep deprivation. The Advil cold and sinus helped, and the Tylenol stuff worked. This weekend, Friday night to Sunday night, I have slept 25 hours. I basically slept Saturday away. Looking at my week next week, I may have a repeat next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry friend, didn't know you were sick-o....I mean sick. : (

    The post is perfect. ; )

    FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you as a follower - you're THE Jennifer that Cara talks about on her blog all the time!! (o: Glad you found me!

    Haha. I would have LOVED to have seen a picture that your purse took of itself. That made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin