Friday, January 16, 2009

A Reappearance

So, I’d pretty much blown off the eHarmony guy.

I was awful and just never emailed him back. And he kept coming, being understanding, and pursuing. His final email said something along the lines of “I hope I didn’t scare you off. I’d still love to talk some more.” And yes, he spelled love ‘lov’. Have I mentioned that I’m a grammar snob? But I never responded. Because sometimes even I can be an immature 19-year-old.

Well, on Wednesday, I checked my email, and guess who wants to be my new Facebook friend?

Oh, the thoughts that leaves in my head….

First of all, I don’t think I’ve ever drawn anything out this long in my whole entire life! This has gone on since Thanksgiving. And he’s still here. And he’s still pursuing me. I just don’t know what to do.

Then, I was complaining to God about how this guy just came out of nowhere again. Out of nowhere, and now I have this “problem” to deal with on top of everything else. And then God reminded me that on Sunday, when I scanned the sanctuary looking at the absence of single men, I had asked God “Could we just start over and could you just send me someone out of nowhere to come for me?” Yep. Exact phrase I used with God, and exact phrase I used when complaining about this guy. So I looked at God, asked a few more questions, and then began playing out the whole thing in my head, with a lovely little Christmastime wedding (long story) as the culmination of a beautiful courtship. Have I mention that I tend to get a bit ahead of myself at times?

When I finally gave it some thought, I decided that if Tim Tebow were to email me and pursue me with horrible grammar as if he were writing me a text or an instant message, well…I’d probably still want to bear his children and generally be his love slave, so the least I could do is give this guy a chance.

But I’m not interested in drawing this out any longer.

So I emailed him:
Hello Facebook friend!

I'm well. It's been a crazy week here. My BF had a baby on Wednesday.

I know this is a bit forward, but I'm not going to be good getting to know on internet. Should we just meet in person?

Let me know...
Jennifer

We’ll see where this leads…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin