Friday, May 01, 2009

Jesus loves me, this I know...

For the district tells me so...when they let me off of school for an entire week, paid, with no requirement of making it up. Ya'll, I am just beside myself with the news. Of my week off, that is.

I'm still unsure about the whole swine flu issue to really have an idea about that. I did spend the morning dealing with a couple of scared parent emails and had one kiddo constantly carry around both his own canister of wipes and my bottle of hand sanitizer all morning.

I have so many plans for this week. Plans that do not involve leaving my apartment on certain days unless it is to drive to Lubbock. Plans that include scraps of paper and glue runners and fake flowers with brads in the middle of them and really big letters and vintage ephemera. Plans that include sleeping until 8am every day regardless of my responsibilities, and then catching up on some appointments. I don't have to wait until Thursday afternoon to get my hair done, and may get it done in the middle of the day Tuesay just because I can. I may actually go to the dentist this week for a cleaning instead of having to wait until June because that's the earliest they could get me in after school. And there is so going to be a pedicure sometime when I should be teaching reading. It's the least I can do.

All day today I was dreading next week. My boss has to evaluate me, and while he gave me last week or this week (the weeks before and of TAKS), so I told him he would just have to wait until at least the 4th. Since my kids had to know everything before the TAKS, I don't really have anything else to teach them, so we're just killing time and reviewing. Only, I'm not really a "killing time" kind of teacher. So I've been a smidge stressed about how we were going to manage the next five weeks. But now I only have to worry about the next four weeks.

Aaaah, it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin