Saturday, June 20, 2009

Can he swim? Doesn't look like it.

(Sweet Home Alabama)

Something I almost said this afternoon at the pool:
"Excuse me ma'am. While I understand your need to smoke, especially after observing your children, I would like to ask that you try not to ash in the pool. K Thanks By."

It was just that kind of day at the pool. I slathered myself up with spf 50 and stayed for exactly 34 minutes. It was very hot, I got very bored, and I have to be very careful or I will burn to a crisp. Twenty minutes of recess duty without sunscreen had dire consequences.

I wanted to take a nap, but instead I went and worked out. Then I decided to go to my pool to get a little sun. I thought there might be huge crowds, but it turns out there weren't. Only three other groups of people besides myself. But that was three too many. One group had several children that were jumping in and out of the hot tub, turning the bubbles on. One pair had both alcohol and cigarettes, so I was avoiding that side of the pool.

And the final group of two women. Well, I almost said to one of them:
"Ma'am, there's a reason I am not wearing a bikini. And it's the same reason you should not be wearing a bikini. Just saying."

So, I'm not sure how much time I'll be spending at the pool.
Maybe tomorrow I'll tell you about the night the teachers went out to party. It wasn't pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin