Monday, July 27, 2009

Rainy Day

My sister's boyfriend just got home from skiing Patagonia in Chile, and so he sent her a dozen roses to work to let her know how much he missed her.

Awesome.

I woke up this morning to the sound of thunderstorms, and promptly went back to sleep. It was glorious. Of course, I then slept way too late, and combined with the overcast skies have been in a funk all day.

The one little moment that snapped me out of my funk was going to Jason's Deli for lunch and ran into one of my students for next year. He's precious, and I loved finding him on my list! Of course, I can't tell him he's mine yet, which I hate, but he's so cute and grinning and giggly. It actually makes me look forward to the next year.

I was thinking today about just how much I need to do to get ready for Guatemala, and I might be getting a little overwhelmed. The good news (sort of) is that I have to get it done by Wednesday night, so I'll be able to chill and pack and go on my girl-date with Sam-I-Am on Thursday and Friday. And since my flight doesn't leave at 6am as first thought, I can sleep in on Saturday. Since I have team planning all day Wednesday, it has to get done tomorrow. Hmmm...

I'm also thinking of changing the look of my blog. I've had it look like this forever, and I feel like it is so very me, but I'm almost feeling like I need a change. I've found a few new sites that have gorgeous backgrounds, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin