Sunday, August 16, 2009

Adult

So, I'm an adult. Even though I live in the world of children and teenagers, I am reminded sometimes that I am, in fact, an adult.

Today, my BFF called. Her mom's brain tumor is back. It's benign, so she just has to wait until February to get it checked to make sure it's not tumorous or something. The doctor's not worried, and he deals with these kinds of things all the time. BFF recognizes that she could cry every night from now until February, or she could go on living and trusting God. She's chosen the latter. I've agreed to pray for her mom every night from now until February or until otherwise notified. It's how we'll work through this together.

It'll be alright, but it's just one of those times when adulthood slaps you across the face.

That and the realization that I have to get up for work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin