Sunday, August 02, 2009

July Favorites

I'm trying something new. We'll see how long it lasts. On Eric Hutchinson's website, he does a monthly list of things he likes, and calls them his favorites. As my students will tell you, I call everything my favorite, which drives them crazy. And my tastes change from month to month, so I'm starting this new monthly feature to recap what I've been loving for the past month. The things that have made my word go round. I would have posted this on the last day of July or the first day of August, but those were a little Guatemala-focused.

So, for the month of July, I have loved...

Eric Hutchinson: This guy is a musical genius, and I really like his sense of humor. I've been reading his blog, which is where I got this idea, and the guy's funny. And a great musician.

(500) Days of Summer: I think I've gone into enough depth in letting you know that this is a favorite.

Greg Laswell: He was in town on July 8th and I was not aware of it. I am sad about that. I just downloaded his cd. I love his songs, his voice, and his look. Favorite!

Warehouse 13: This is a new show on the Sci-Fi network, and I love it. Just a little bit of the supernatural, plus comedy and an actor I love. Just enough quirky to work for me.

Royal Pains: Another new summer show. The networks have discovered that linking music into shows is a great idea, and people love it. This last episode used a song by Andrew Bird. I’m hooked.

We'll see what August holds, but since it's back to school, it should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin