Saturday, August 01, 2009

Final Preparations

Yesterday was final preparation day. First, Sam-I-Am came over and we went to lunch and to see (500) Days of Summer. You really should go see it.

During the movie, I got two texts from the senior high girls that are going with me. I also got one just before midnight last night. Oy vey. I can't wait until the plane gets off the ground.

I got the sweetest email from JMom yesterday, and from one of the moms of a senior high boy that's going. They all want my pictures from the trip, and while I was sorting through some for Jmom, it reminded me of where I'm going, and I needed to be there like yesterday. Man...

I decided to act like an adult and go to the doctor (or PA) about the eardrum thing. He gave me a couple of different medications, including a steriod that has more directions that I've ever seen on a medicine, or a furniture-assembly project for that matter. Take 2 before breakfast, one after lunch, two before dinner, a few before bed, do the hokey pokey, turn yourself around, and stand on your head. Good lord. And since I got it in the evening, I'm not sure what to do. I can't just take one today...I'll start it first thing tomorrow morning.

There was still work to do last night when I got home. Bible story scripts to be typed (that actually need to be printed today before I left.) Blogs to be written for post scheduling (like 8 of them. Yikes.) Movies to DVR so I can veg out when I get back. Playlists to be made and transferred so I can have some music when I'm there. Last minute laundry to be done.

I've saved today for cleaning my space before leaving. Unless I wake up at 2pm to leave for the airport at 2:15, I'm going to be coming out of my skin waiting for time to go. So I'm going to do a load of laundry, and clean sheets, so I can come home to clean sheet night. It should soothe me a little when I come home. My house looks like someone preparing for a trip to a third world country has been inhabiting it for a while, so that needs some work as well.

I have to write a note to my sister, and put some things together for her, since she'll be in town for the week.

All this to keep me busy until 2:15, when it's time to go.

Then, I'll be leaving....on a jet plane...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin