Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sometime’s it’s hard to be right.

I’m not being sarcastic with that. Really.

See, recently I thought some thoughts inside my head that were non-Christian-like.  I know that shocks you greatly. (okay…that part was sarcastic.)

And then, almost immediately, God smacked me upside the head with a scriptural 2 X 4. Ya’ll, it was spooky how He used this one verse in the Bible to directly tell me I’m wrong and even used in context of the thought's I was thinking. I’m pretty sure he even called me out by name in that particular scripture in the Bible. I’m afraid to go back and read it in case it does say “Jennifer, I’m talking to you,  you jackass” in the footnotes. (except that I don’t know if God would cuss or not.)

So, after being hit upside the head, I knew I had to let go of those thoughts. I was making progress on that front. (I know I’m being cryptic, but it’s for privacy issues.This is not necessarily my situation to talk about.)

But then, it turns out I was right. And it’s hard to watch this all play out, because even though I was right, I wasn’t Biblically correct in being right and I shouldn’t be right in the first place.

It’s hard to see where I was wrong, and see myself make progress on something, and then see it go and happen anyways.

It’s just hard to be right sometimes.

It’s just not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin