Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Keeper of the Stars

Well, I hadn't planned on writing anything about the September Stories this evening. Tonight's post was entitled "Spinach Artichoke Dip" and was going to have a recipe. With pictures. You know you're excited.

But then, on the way home from LiFE group, I heard this song on the radio. It's by Tracy Byrd and it is "Keeper of the Stars" and it is our song. Our song. I guess I should say was our song, because we're not so much a "we" anymore, nor have we been for ten years.

It's just weird that I heard it, because I don't really listen to the country stations (I was just looking for a different station), and the song was a hit 14 years ago.

The song doesn't affect me like it used to. I got to my destination before the song finished, so I didn't sit in the car to hear the end of it. I simply turned it off. And while I didn't have a visual montage of all of our finer moments playing out in my mind as Tracy sang, I did flash back to the time he walked into the room and said "Babe, I heard this song on the way home and I stopped to buy the whole CD and I think it will be our song."

Interesting how things like that pop up in this September while I'm visiting these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin