Saturday, June 05, 2010

Save the whales.

Whale Wars.

I've read about it on a couple of other blogs. And then, I was flipping through the guide and came across the episode recapping the past season in preparation for the new season that was starting a few minutes later.

I
am
hooked.

And outraged at the Japanese whaling industry.
Outraged enough to go get on a boat and go down to the Antarctic and find the Sea Shepherd and ask them if they might need a fourth grade teacher to help them save the whales.

I'm not sure what I could do on the ship, as I doubt they have any fourth graders on board that may need to know interesting facts about The Battle of the Alamo. And, I'd offer to be their on-board cook, but upon reading their bios online I've discovered many of them are vegetarians and vegans and such, and I'm not a fan of vegetables so much. And The Uncle would die of laughter upon hearing I was a cook for anyone. We want to keep him around.

So, I've spent a good bit of last night and today watching episode after episode of this show. I've still only seen four, and maybe watching the other episodes on dvd this summer. I am absolutely loving this show. More than some of my previous television obsessions, like Dog the Bounty Hunter and Deadliest Catch.

And the crew. Oh the crew. They are so adorable. That might be a little bit why I'm so hooked on this show. But just a little bit.

Tell me you're not in love with this guy.
Or this guy. His name is Luke and I totally have a crush on him. Totally.

This guy is a helicopter pilot on the ship. He flies a helicopter and saves whales. I'll take two of him, please.
Even this guy. He might seem a little nerdy, but he has quite a passion for what they're doing. And his hair is always a mess, and that's just adorable.





Sorry. For a second there I got off the topic. Which, of course, was whaling.
And how I am going to go and volunteer on their ship and such.

Of course, after I finish teaching the fourth grade.

2 comments:

  1. I would totally go with you to save the whales. But only if we could bring the ever-adorable Will Schuester in our helicopter and burst out into random song while we worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny, I was reading you offering to be the cook and being all proud at how far you've come and thinking, 'I won't tell mike this'...
    I can go be the cook while ya'll save the whales...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin