Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois

So, music has been on my mind as of late.

The Dad introduced me to a new radio station that I love.more.than.anything.in.the.world.
It's 91.7 here in Dallas, and I am listening to that almost exclusively. They play Freelance Whales, The Weepies, Dr. Dog, Gomez, and several other obscure bands, mixed in with some older stuff like Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin, and even some not-so-old stuff such as John Mayer and Amos Lee

Today, I spent the day reorganizing my iTunes. When I had to reinstall thanks to the new image, I found all of the places where my music is hidden, and transferred them all to my new iTunes. Where I discovered duplicates, triplicates, and quadruplicates of some songs. Today, I deleted the unnecessary songs, and got back to my original music base: 3500+ songs, covering a wide variety of genres and lasting 8.5 days if played continuously. I discovered some delicious music I'd forgotten was on my list, and playlists dating back to 2005.

While checking Face to the Book, I also discovered this fun little game I've seen before but never played along with. Today, I'm doing it.

Here are the rules:
1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write the song name down no matter how silly it sounds. (Yeah, I broke this rule real fast. See * and **  below)


If someone says "you're okay" you say:
"We've All Got Our Reasons" by Pat Green

How would you describe yourself?
"Wonderful" by Gary Go (seriously- everyone should hear this song and feel good about themselves...)

What do you like in a girl/guy?
"Happier" by A Fine Frenzy

How do you feel?
"Breathless" by The Corrs
** It should be noted that this is where I realized that my iTunes were not on shuffle, and had to go back and redo all the other answers!

What's your life's purpose?
"Start the Commotion" by Fatboy Slim

What's your motto?
"Here's to the Night" by Eve Six

What do your parents think of you?
*"Colorblind" by Counting Crows

What do you think about very often?
"Between Two Lungs" by Florence + the Machine"

What do you think of your best friend?
"Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow" by Wideawake (Forgot how much I love this song. So much.)

What's your life story?
"Nothing Left to Lose" by Mat Kearney (Mat, I love you. Why haven't you called me?)

What do you want to be when you grow up?
"Ordinary People" by John Legend

What do you think when you see the person you like?
"I'm Free" by John Secada (well, there might be some truth to that...)

What will you dance to at your wedding?
"Bring In Da Noise" by NSYNC (no, actually it will be 'Heavenly Day' by Patti Griffin, but NSYNC is a close second...)

What will they play at your funeral?
"Passionate Kisses" by Mary Chapin Carpenter (which would be inappropriate for a funeral, but inappropriateness would be appropriate at my funeral, now wouldn't it?)

What is your passion in life?
"Nothing Else" by Dave Barnes (can I add "but Jesus" to the title? please?)

What is your biggest fear?
"21 Guns" by Green Day (I don't think I had any songs titled "Failure" or "Spiders" in there)

What is your biggest secret?
"Rebel Prince" by Rufus Wainwright

What do you want right now?
"Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles (sounds fun to me...)

What will you title this post as?
"Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois" by Sufjan Stephens
(yeah, totally cheated to get a good title for this post. I love Sufjan and his wackiness.)

Feel free to play along!

* Chose a different song to represent a different artist: I would have had the same few artists showing up several times during this if I didn't. 

***also, since this was taken from one of my teenagers posts, almost everything was written in all caps. I  retyped it so as not to be shouting at you. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:02 PM CST

    I follow a low carb nutrition approach and i have a lot of articles saved as examples of the articles i would like to have written as a guidance and all the content writing should be attributed with the credits to myself and the business at the end. https://imgur.com/a/I9DiVcz https://imgur.com/a/di3KDTh https://imgur.com/a/DSeZyv7 https://imgur.com/a/snSoqoQ https://imgur.com/a/M6piu8Z https://imgur.com/a/mfJqsAA https://imgur.com/a/MTNrTsm

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin