Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life right now.

 Bits and pieces of life right now:

- It's currently colder than TX should be, so I'm in my fleece pants and fleece Tech pullover. And I'm in heaven. I may wear it to work as well tomorrow, because the projected temperature when I have morning duty is currently 24 degrees. Starbucks is non-negotiable.

- You know I've been eating poorly when I crave a salad for dinner. I went to the store and bought all of the accouterments for the salad and ended up spending $20. Expensive salad, but I'm thinking it will be worth it.

- I've recently become a carpool mom for two days a week, and it's my favorite time of the day. Forcing myself to leave work at a reasonable hour and going to sit in a quiet car for about ten minutes. Today I balanced my checkbook and read a little bit of my book.

- Dog owners will understand how excited I was to come home and discover that my dog had thrown up on the already-in-distress carpet of my floor. Dog owners will also understand when I didn't mind too bad because I realized that there were other ways of discovering dog vomit involving my bare feet after bedtime.

- My apartment complex has been an extremely safe place to live all six years I've lived here, but now we've had three burglaries recently, and I'm a little annoyed about it. I'm also determined not to let The Mother find out because then she'd never get off my case.

- I added Good Reads to my blog/face.book, and now it has added each book I've read as a separate entry on my profile and face.book feed. I want to poke my own eyes out.

- I decided to marinate the chicken I cooked for dinner in the salad dressing I was going to eat on the salad. Now my chicken is hot pink. And I'm a little afraid to eat it.

- Because of my Kindle, I've read four books since Christmas. I'm constantly reading. It. is. awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin