Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh honey you're very pretty, but you're freakishly tall and don't believe in ghosts

For her birthday, The Aunt got a brand new fancy-pants camera of which I am insanely jealous. Now I have camera envy of about four people. I'm saving up for a fancy-pants camera, but it is s.l.o.w. going, as I'm also trying to pay off some debt, think about what's happening with my living situation come August, and also thinking about taking a vacation to some unknown state even if it is by myself.

So, I have to drool over other people's cameras and play the model every now and then when they need to play with their settings. Such as this weekend.

The Aunt took a class, and learned all sorts of different settings, so she needed to try some out.

I rarely, if ever, have a good picture taken of myself, so I volunteered. I must admit, I didn't have high hopes for the photo shoot, not due to The Aunt's photographic abilities, but more due to my complete awkwardness in front of a camera, combined with my belly-dancer-be-jealous belly that I oh so smartly adorned with horizontal stripes.

Because I'm nothing if not stupid. Now. I'm not interested in going into a long and lovely discussion about body image, etc. blah, blah, blah. I'm just here to show of some photography and some mad Photoshop Skillz. Or lack thereof.

Here's the end result. Some of you may have seen these on the Face.book.
And I know it's a lot, just scroll down.






Because I wasn't going to let The Aunt have all the fun, I grabbed the camera and took a few shots myself:










And, yeah, the new blog header is from that same photo shoot. I also have a Valentine's Day card now. I'll share it with you in about a month.

P.S. I figured out how to make yourself look thinner in Photoshop, but would have needed that information before I chose to wear horizontal stripes. Because that just looked weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin