Thursday, March 17, 2011

Me and Ginger Ale, sitting in a tree...

Day two of stomach flu (it rhymes!)

I finally made it to sleep last night after clearing off some of the dvr, and when I woke up, I felt sure that it would be only an hour later, but it was almost a full-night's sleep later. I rearranged Daisy (who has been glued to my side since leaving Lubbock) and went back to sleep a little later.

Then The Mom called and we had this conversation:
Mom: Have you thought about what you want to do for your birthday?
Me: Keep down solid foods.

I got out of bed and headed straight for the couch. I was feeling pretty good, so after catching up on One Born Every Minute (I'm now addicted, thankyouverymuchBFF), and getting unintentionally sucked into both House Hunters and House Hunters International, I was feeling good enough to shower and head in to the classroom to get some work done.

I was also hungry, a new development in this little bug that I took as a good sign. My stomach wants food! I must be cured! I headed out to Jason's Deli to try a little baked potato to introduce my tummy back to solid foods. I texted the BFF and, while she cautioned me to take it slow, I assured her it would be the hipster jack@$$ sitting next to me that would cause me to vomit and not the potato, but I was taking it REAL slow. And partaking in some Sprite.

About ten bites later, I'd realized I'd maybe  been a little rash in introducing solids so soon, and should maybe back off just a smidge. I left a fully loaded plain jane on the table and headed to school. When I left on Friday, everything was ready but the copies, and I figured that since I was feeling so totally cured, I'd be fine just standing in front of the copier for a while.

wrong.
wrong. wrong. wrong.

This was the moment my fever chose to spike, so I got my copies finished quickly while sweating profusely. I still needed to run to Target for the nectar that is ginger ale, and as I was driving there, I was wondering just how embarrassing it would be to be on the side of the road vomiting in the very neighborhood in which I teach. Luckily I didn't have to find out, and I didn't run into any of my kiddos whilst I was at The Target looking like death warmed over.

So, I'm now back on the couch, obsessively taking my temperature again, and even though I've overdone it, at least I don't have to go back to school until Monday. Where I'll have all of my copies.

Thank goodness.

I'm going to go spend some quality time with my ginger ale now.

1 comment:

  1. what do you want to do for your birthday? it's showing up here in a couple of days...

    what's really awesome is when you have to open your car door and vomit at a redlight. and then have people honk at you mid-puke because the light has changed. feel better soonly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin