Thursday, September 29, 2011

4:30. In the morning.

Today is National Coffee Day, but I didn't know that when I drove to the Target with a Starbucks inside of it and begged for some legal stimulants ordered a cup of the sweet nectar of the gods venti white mocha, during my conference time. I never leave during my conference time, but today...I deserved it.

Yesterday, I got a request to go to one of my babysitting kids' houses and get them up and ready for school, since mom had to go to an early surgery appointment and dad had to take her. So I got up at 4:30 and only hit the snooze button once 4:45 this morning.

I went to their house, got my orders, and then napped on the couch until the kids woke up, because I was there early enough to still have time to nap before the kids woke up. I got them up, made some eggs that weren't eaten, along with a piece of toast that wasn't eaten. Don't worry, though. The jam on sister's toast was eaten and also accidentally stuck on my Phone with a lower case i. And I didn't notice it until I pulled it out of my purse. 

I got them to school just in time to do my duty, and suck down the Diet Coke I snagged from their drink fridge. Duty was about as fun as a morning of alternating between awkward silence and even awkwarder small talk with my principal. As I finally made it down to my room, the line of children waiting outside of it to be let in was about a mile long.

AND then, I push past all of my crazy kids walk into my classroom and discovered they cleaned my floors last night. Except, when they clean my floors, they move all of the desks out of the way and leave them there. I didn't have time to move them back before my kids came in. I just told them to "fix it" (which is a phrase I use all too often), and they took care of it quickly and quietly. (This is the point of the day where I felt certain they were abducted by aliens.)

The rest of the day was relatively normal.

So, I'm going to end this with things that are HYSTERICAL to me when I've woken up at 4:30 and only hit the snooze button once 4:45 in the morning
.
Pictures:
I've been to a corn maze place.  I got lost. And scared.













Yes, J. I've seen it now. And you're right. It's hilarious:

















 I think this is brilliant. More parents should adopt this strategy.




















And a video for you that made me laugh until I cried, possibly because I'd been up since 4:30 and only hit the snooze button once 4:45am.





I was going to write a much more serious post today. It's been bouncing around in my head all week, but I've been too busy and tired to do anything about it. And two of my friends also wrote posts on the more serious side today. And we even had a mini-crisis this afternoon. I'm still waiting to see how this will turn out.

I'll save that for tomorrow, after September Favorites, and the Mound Showdown. Because I'm exhausted.

It is now 8:32 and thundering and lightning. And I'm going to bed. Because I've been up since 4:30 and only hit the snooze button once 4:45am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin