Sunday, March 04, 2012

- I think, quite possibly, the word you're looking for right now is "Oops".

I know you are all thinking I gave up blogging for Lent, but I did not. I gave up soda and also caffeine, which is by the way, kicking my arse. The lack of caffeine makes me say profound things like "You know how Ash Wednesday is always on a Wednesday?"

True story.

I have been busy, and once again, all h-e-double-hockey-sticks has broken loose at my school, so I've been all over the map in my thoughts and such. I've also been the Momma for five different kids and three different dogs in the last two weeks.

And I got a crown put in my mouth (when it should have been placed on my head), and I'd just like to take a minute to give all of the people who know me in real life a good little laugh and ask them to picture this ADHD girl all jacked up on novocaine in the dentist chair. I think we can all say God bless my sweet little dentist, because she had her work cut out for her!

Though it may not seem like it, this is all good stuff for me right now (and I could and probably will write an entirely different post about how God is chasing me down trying to hit me upside the head with Romans 8:28 as of late). See, a few weeks ago, I went out on a limb. And the result makes a lot of sense, though it was definitely not what I had in my mind. And because of all of this junk all around my life otherwise, I have not been able to dwell on it or even think about it. At all.

And as Martha would say, that is a good thing.

I can't dwell or be discouraged because I've got too much stuff going crazy in my world and I am just taking it day by day until Spring Break, which is mercifully only a week away.

I will leave you with one funny story really quick, in which I pull a muscle in my leg by using a rolly chair.

See, once you leave the doors at the end of the fourth grade hallway at school, there is a small decline in the cement leading down to the kickball court. I always take my ginormous and heavy black chair down to kickball duty, and ride it down the small decline, with my hands in the air and typically saying "whee!"

On Friday, my turn at kickball duty came up, but instead of taking my big, heavy black chair out to recess, I chose to take my small, lighter-weight blue rolly chair out.

I rolled it down the incline.
It hit a bump.
The chair stopped.
My body did not.

I'll just go now and let you visualize that in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin