Monday, April 09, 2012

Musical memories on Mondays



Today is a day off from school, and I'm at Starbucks grading papers, so I am naturally putting my iTunes on shuffle.

And the memories come flooding.

Here are a few to share with you:

* Night Swimming, by REM- driving to St. Augustine at night, in a Porsche, listening to a mixed tape with this song on it. A beautifully clear, starry night, and a boyfriend in the driver's seat. We were 19 and felt like we were infinite.(Yes, that's a line from The Perks of Being a Wallflower)

* Better Days by The Goo Goo Dolls- sitting in a little border town church going through pictures of the day's mission work and pictures of little Hispanic children for the evening's slide show

* Flowers in the Window by Travis- reminds me of a favorite movie of mine... Saved. Good movie. Really good movie.

* After the Storm by Mumford and Sons- makes me think of Heaven. "Death is just so full, and man so small." "There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears, and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears."

* Until Now by Dave Barnes- guitar lessons. I could almost play this on the guitar. Almost.

And finally, because I don't delete my Christmas songs from my playlist:
* Christmas Cannon, by TSO. This is the song I hope to one day walk down the aisle to. Which leads me to say "Really God? NOT funny. Not funny at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin