Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Midweek Confessions

I really do like the random format for midweek confessions. It lets me dump some of the things that are bouncing around in my brain.

- Last night, I lay down to take a small nap at around 5:15, because I was exhausted. I woke up about an hour later and went straight to bed, clothes and all. Around ten Daisy woke me up for some food, and the Aunt called to make sure I was alive, so I changed into my pj's and slept for the rest of the night. I haven't felt so rested in a long time. A long time.

- Raising Hope... a favorite show. Prison wedding in last night's episode? Brilliant. Bust a move.

- I'm going to do 31 Things, the big picture class, and I am so excited. I need- really need- to get back into the creative mode, and I'm excited to do this. {C} is doing this too. We're going to talk JR into doing it, and possibly Panda Mom.

- I've got to get this freaking yearbook finished, but I'm just not there yet. The motivation has slowly left me. That's what I get for sleeping for 12 hours last night.

- I'm teaching on the Mexican/American war in social studies, and today I went over it with the kids by saying "Mexico was all 'the border is the Nueces' and America was all 'Oh no it isn't... it's the Rio Grande' and then Mexico was like 'oh yeah? then take THAT!'" And I kept it going. It was kinda funny. The kids thought it was hilarious.

- Two of my boys were shoving each other playfully and one put the other in a headlock, and I said "if I have to get physically involved to break you up, neither one of you is coming out alive." This broke up the fight because one of the boys started laughing so hard he couldn't stop. He then high-fived me.

- After said boy high-fived me, I took my place as the whitest white girl in America.

- I had to go to Target today to buy a white shirt. Out of all the clothes I own, a white shirt is not among them? How did that happen?

What are you confessing?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin