Thursday, November 22, 2012

We've got ANOTHER holiday to worry about. It seems Thanksgiving Day is upon us.



In the year 1621, the Pilgrims held their first Thanksgiving feast. They invited the great Indian chief Massasoit, who brought ninety of his brave Indians and a great abundance of food. Governor William Bradford and Captain Miles Standish were honored guests. Elder William Brewster, who was a minister, said a prayer that went something like this: 'We thank God for our homes and our food and our safety in a new land. We thank God for the opportunity to create a new world for freedom and justice."
Today was a good day.

I got up, finished cleaning up, and ran to the grocery store to get The Sister's present that I forgot to get, a paper for the ads, and a Starbucks coffee because I knew I wouldn't be able to pull this off without legal stimulants.

The first thing I did was start the pumpkin pie. I decided to roll out the crust, pour in the mixture, and then braid the second crust to make it extra fancy. In the end, it looked super-fancy and beautiful, but didn't taste all that extra special. I didn't taste it, because I don't like pumpkin pie, but the apple crisp I made for myself was very-well received. As in, barely any left.

(P.S. Can you see that I can't create a straight line if my life depended on it?

So, The Mom got to the place with the pre-bought and pre-cooked food from the Krogurt. While it was all cooked, just needing reheating, it needed some serious doctoring. The turkey went straight into the oven, and the other sides were put into my baking ware and prepared as directed. I had to make the green bean casserole from scratch (and by scratch I mean cans and bags of onion strings) and heat everything else up. Things went in and out of the oven.

Finally, everything was finished. We ate, and all was well.

After the lunch, The Sister retired to my room to nap, The Mom retired to the couch to nap, and The Dad retired to the couch to nap watch football. I got to sit on the couch and play on the computer.

Lest you worry about Daisy and her Thanksgiving, it was extra special. I did tweet this first thing:
My apartment is cleaned and I am in the kitchen cooking. Daisy is SO confused. 
 Believe it or not, I didn't include all of the pictures I had of her sleeping.

 And, finally, my last little bit of photoshop fun for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin