Sunday, March 17, 2013

The view from Sunday

The view started at 5:00 in the morning, when I noticed my door had been suspiciously shut, and then again at 5:30, when I could hear sounds of the Disney channel coming from the living room. {ps- how sad that I could easily identify the sounds of the Disney channel while half asleep?}

I woke to find little brother, who fell asleep on the couch and refused to go to his bed, awake and pouring himself a bowl of cereal. He insisted he was "wide awake" and couldn't go back to sleep, and I insisted he "TRY!" lest he be an exhausted mess in the morning and a puddle of years by noon.

The good thing about sitting for these boys is that when they wake up, I don't have to be up immediately and taking care of them. They can pour themselves a bowl of cereal and watch television until I choose to leave my room. {Teenage brother sleeps until noon-1, so he's out of the equation altogether}.

This morning, of course, I woke up  (later this time) to one more boy than I had when I went to sleep. They have a neighbor that is special, and they entertain him, with him showing up at any given moment. Such is life.

Little brother assured me he got about three more hours of sleep, and now that it's noon, we're  having leftover pizza for lunch, and I'm the only one not wearing the clothes they slept in. Oh how I'm loving lazy Sundays.

I finished my book last night just after midnight, though I'm still somewhat living in The Night Circus, mourning the loss of the story. SO good. SO SO good. Sigh.

The rest of the day has been spent doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The boys have entertained themselves with devices and an indoor basketball hoop and an abundance of Nickelodeon (I hate you small, yellow, square sponge). They have drifted in and out of rooms, while I sat in the corner on the computer entering lesson plans, working on the yearbook, and grading papers. Teenage brother is a bit musical, so I've heard the keyboard sounds from the other room, as well as a few impromptu unplugged electric guitar serenades when he wafts into this room.

For dinner, we all piled into the car to go to the Sonic, where I ordered seven entrees for four people. Teenage boy is saving the fourth grilled cheese sandwich for later, in case he throws up the other three. True story. 

As I told The Aunt, boys are SO LOUD, but I'm so in love with these three.

So in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin