Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Around Here

I came back from Lubbock with allergy-induced asthma. This means a breathing treatment at the doctor's office (which I hated) and an inhaler every four hours until the wheezing goes away. Super.




Daisy and I went to the carwash. I typically have my car detailed, but after icemaggedon, it was looking worse for the wear. Turns out, the drive-thru scares the bejesus out of Daisy. She had to crawl into my lap and shake and shiver until it was done. 

Also turns out that bejesus is a real word and mac will autocorrect it if you spell it wrong. 


Over the break, while I was in Lubbock contracting the plague asthma, I decided to learn to crochet, since The Aunt is awesome at it. I am not awesome at it. At all. 

Trader Joe's pumpkin seeds are where it's at for me right now. I love them enough to drive 30 minutes to get them. You know who else loves them? Daisy. She will stare me down until I give her some. 

I received an electric blanket for Christmas. Someone has completely hijacked it. She likes it warm, and goes from awake to snoring in 37.4 seconds. While I'm getting ready to go to work. Sigh. 



Seriously. It is polar vortex cold. My Starbucks are coming in handy here. 





















I took this selfie to show my mother that I was wearing my big coat. Not sure what that expression on my face is about, other than an ill-fated attempt to cover up the double chin I've been rocking these last fifteen years.

That's what's going on around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin